Meet our Gemstone of the Week: Amanda Goldstein, Senior Stylist
Question and answer with #SDGemstones Gem of the Week, Amanda Goldstein, from Houston, TX!
1. Tell us a little about yourself…
I’m originally from Chicago, IL and now live in Houston. I graduated from FSU and UH with my masters. I started S&D in 2011 and had to take a break for about 2 years due to my full-time job. Up till last spring, I worked for a professional sports team. I had my second child and decided that lifestyle didn’t fit anymore; while Stella & Dot couldn’t have fit better.
2. How did you find Stella & Dot?
My mom gave me the Colette statement necklace for Christmas in 2010. I loved it, and went online to shop, but ended up signing up as a stylist right then!
3. What intrigued you most about Stella & Dot and why did you decide to join?
Great style is just the beginning. Being surrounded by men at work and boys at home, I missed girl time and feeling girly. My workplace really made me shed that part of me in order to succeed in a male-dominated workplace. S&D made me feel confident again after having a baby and being so blah for so long.
4. What Stella & Dot accomplishment makes you most proud?
I love that it has brought women from all walks of life into my life and that it has brought me closer to a few friends by sharing this bond with them. I love seeing my team members thrive and have amazing months and meet their goals. That is what makes me the proudest.
5. What was your initial goal when you joined Stella & Dot? What results have you seen? Have your goals changed?
Initially, it was just for the jewelry. Now that I am trying to get this going full time, my goals have certainly morphed into more.
6. What has Stella & Dot done for you and/or your family?
A common misconception about professional sports is that front office makes what players make. That couldn’t be further from the truth. S&D allowed for me to take our family to Disney for the first time back in 2012 – I paid for everything and was so proud of myself.
7. What advice would you give to new stylists starting with Stella & Dot? The proof is in the pudding. If you follow the steps and put yourself out there, what you set out to accomplish is achievable. But you have to put in the work – no one else can do it for you.
8. How many hours per week do you spend on your Stella & Dot business? When does your business fit into your life?
I spend probably 10-12 hours a week working my business. That includes coaching hostesses or team members, a trunk show or two and reaching out/following up.
9. Did you have an initial financial goal when you started with Stella & Dot? Has that goal changed? Please share.
I didn’t at the beginning but I am starting to formulate one.
10. Tell us what brings you #SDJOY from your Stella & Dot business.
My #SDJOY is being able to be home now with my kids. I missed out on so much working 60+ hours a week for nearly a decade. This has afforded us the privilege of being home with them more.
11. What do you “love” the most about Stella & Dot?
Friendships. I’ve made friends with some amazing women both in S&D and in hostesses I’ve met along the way. It truly is a business that brings people together and that is an incredible task these days.
13. What are some words you live by?
Only you can do your job. Nothing is accomplished if you wait for others to take care of it for you.
Love Amanda as much we do? Contact her!