Meet our Gemstone of the Week: Ashley Spindle, Associate Stylist
Question and answer with #SDGemstones Gem of the Week, Ashley Spindle, from Fredericksburg, VA!
1. Tell us a little about yourself…
I’m originally from Florida but live in Virginia now with my husband and two chihuahua babies. I’m a financial analyst for a government contractor full time. I love my second “job” as a stylist. I’ve been a stylist for 4 years and love all the new friends I’ve made through customers, hostesses, and of course the amazing community of fellow stylists.
2. How did you find Stella & Dot?
I originally saw it at a bridal show when I was planning my wedding.
3. What intrigued you most about Stella & Dot and why did you decide to join?
The gorgeous jewelry, of course, intrigued me immediately. After hosting, my now upline (Amanda Meade) shared that she just made a great commission just for coming over and styling us, so I thought, why not?
4. What Stella & Dot accomplishment makes you most proud?
I actually hit Star Stylist in 2015 which was a huge goal of mine. But in general, I just like how S&D gets me out of my shell and pushes me out of my comfort zone (I’m kinda shy)
5. What was your initial goal when you joined Stella & Dot? What results have you seen? Have your goals changed?
My goal initially was to earn enough to pay for the jewels I wanted. I’ve definitely earned so much more than that with commissions, promotions, and friendships! My goals changed once I realized the potential rewards.
6. What has Stella & Dot done for you and/or your family?
Stella and Dot has brought me out of my shell, bought Christmas presents, new tires, and so much more! And again, all of the friendships and community!!
7. What advice would you give to new stylists starting with Stella & Dot? Make the most of your jumpstart and have a plan right away, don’t be afraid to reach out to your upline, they want to help you!
8. How many hours per week do you spend on your Stella & Dot business? When does your business fit into your life?
I spend probably around 5 hours per week on S&D, sometimes more, sometimes less. I mostly work my biz on the evenings after work or on the weekends (my husband works every other weekend, so it’s nice to have something fun to do!)
9. Did you have an initial financial goal when you started with Stella & Dot? Has that goal changed? Please share.
Not really. My main goal financially is just to have some extra fun money. Whether it’s for gifts around Christmas, or vacation or a new outfit!
10. What advice would you give to new stylists starting with Stella & Dot?
Make the most of your jumpstart and have a plan right away, don’t be afraid to reach out to your upline, they want to help you!
11. Tell us what brings you #SDJOY from your Stella & Dot business.
Have to say it again. The amazing community of stylists, there’s nothing like it!!
12. What do you “love” the most about Stella & Dot?
I love hearing all the style and inspiration that goes into the design of our accessories. I could listen to Blythe talk about it forever!
13. Can we find you on Instagram?
14. What are some words you live by?
I try to have a positive outlook as much as possible. I also try not to take life too seriously!
Love Ashley as much we do? Contact her!